Friday, February 22, 2013

How to Discard Trash in DC


The plumber/gas fitter unhooked our old broken gas stove. Now I’m calling up DC public to haul it away, and though the service is free, it takes 7-10 days. Whatevs. It’s not like we use our garage anyway; we haven’t yet sanitized it.

I’m still trying to figure out how to make our trash go away. Someone dumped a bunch of wood/construction materials in our garage and DC public isn’t picking it up. They’re also not picking up our regular household trash. When I called, the woman seemed completely confused and told me she had to ask her manager. I’ve never heard back. It’s been more difficult than I anticipated to find trash removal people in DC, but I did find and schedule an estimate with College Hunks Hauling Junk. Don’t judge. They’re coming out tomorrow to provide an estimate.

Tonight we will finish painting the kitchen so that tomorrow we’ll hang cabinets!


No comments:

Post a Comment