Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Parents Work & Wine Weekend

This is the type of house that feels the best when it's being completely used. Every single inch. With both of our parents here this weekend, it was just that!

We had such an amazing weekend, and I still can't believe how much we accomplished

My parents came on Thursday with a truck load of firewood for our fireplace. Perfect timing for fall! Dad and I unloaded it and I convinced myself that I was training for the Tough Mudder:



















Both Ben's mom and my mom brought mums, which look so festive on the front porch. All I need now are some pumpkins:




















Ben's mom helped wash the walls and tape off the dining room to paint the trim:



















I sanded the trim and began painting:



















My mom faithfully worked on scraping the radiators:
Mom preparing to paint the radiator and scraping off with a drill and min crowbar




















And the guys worked on jacking up the porch and re-supporting it.






Ben's dad smoothing out the ground and stacking patio stone as a new foundation







































































We reserved a private booth at Matchbox on Saturday night:



















After dinner, I kidnapped the moms and took them to Coco Sala chocolate lounge for dessert. Decadent!



Sunday morning was a coffee and get-to-work kind of morning.



















We ended the weekend with a little impromptu neighborhood dinner party at our house. Ben cooked out on the grill and our wine weekend continued. I think we were all exhausted by that point, and it was nice to kick back with a burger. Both sets of parents left Monday morning. All in all, a fun and successful weekend with the parents!

1 comment: